Puppy Purchase Process
If you are interested in acquiring a puppy from Shorewind, please take a minute read about my placement process
- Complete my puppy questionnaire
- After you apply, I will reply whether I feel you are the right fit for a puppy from my program. Filling out a questionnaire does not guarantee approval for a puppy, I reserve the right to deny applications if I feel I am not the right fit for you.
- If approved, I will schedule a quick phone call to answer any questions you may have. Once all your questions are answered, I will send you my puppy purchase agreement. If we both decide to move forward, I will move you to my wait list.
- A deposit of $500 will be required to be placed on my "Promised List" for a puppy from a current litter. This $500 deposit goes towards the final price of your puppy. I accept Venmo, Zelle, Cash, or Check. Puppies are reserved upon receipt of your deposit. I cannot guarantee you a puppy until your deposit has been received. The order in which I receive your payment determines the order you are placed on the "Promised List" and the order you are in line for your puppy. I place puppies according to temperaments and the lifestyle you are offering your new puppy. I do not accept deposits on upcoming litters. If you would like to be placed on a "Wait List" for an upcoming litter, please let me know. Deposits are only accepted when puppies reach one week of age and are healthy and vigorous.
- Unlike many breeders, I do not breed to sell to the pet market. I breed for myself and to better the breed and improve my lines. I reserve pick puppy for myself and must place the others. Puppies will only be placed in the most appropriate homes to ensure their health and future.
- Once you're all approved and have been added to my "Promised List" you have reached the waiting period. This is the time to catch up on updated training materials, purchase necessary puppy items and ready your home for your new addition. I will stay in continuing contact with photos and puppy updates along the way. You have been selected to join the Shorewind family and I want the transition to be a smooth one for everyone involved.
- How will you acquire your new puppy? I offer airline cargo transportation, in-cabin puppy nannying, vehicle transportation (within 200 miles) or you may pick up your puppy from me at my home. You will be responsible for the shipping cost for cargo (typically $250-$300 for 10 week old puppies), the shipping crate and materials ($75-$100), heath certificate ($100) and travel expenses ($50) to and from the airport. If you choose to employ a puppy nanny to reduce the stress of flying, you will be responsible for the cost of the nanny ($300-400), the cost of the airline ticket for nanny (price dependent on location), an in cabin pet fee ($100), and travel expenses ($50)
- Final payment will be required at the time of pick up or prior to your puppy leaving my home.